Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Washington DC


I made it to D.C. this morning in time to take advantage of some great morning light for pictures. I did a whirlwind tour of the monuments around the mall and was surprised to find that the reflecting pool at the Lincoln Memorial was under construction.

After visiting the Vietnam Wall, the Korean War Memorial and the World War II Memorial, I was struck by the great price of war. I find myself surprise that we engage in war at all, but when you visiting the National Holocaust Museum, I was struck at just how despicable humanity can be and it seems that we will be perpetually locked in a battle between greed and hatred, and humanitarianism and acceptance and war is simply the necessary manifestation of this battle.

After D.C., I picked Christina up from Baltimore and headed to Philadelphia. We got caught in a couple of down pours but made it just the same. It has been great catching up her and I look forward to getting to know her as the summer goes by. We will pick up our van and trailer tomorrow morning and head to Chapel Hill and meet up with NC2SD for the night.

Love and peace

-Jeremy




No comments:

Post a Comment