Friday, June 10, 2011

A Brief Update


First off, I want to thank everyone for the support that they have given me. It’s been an extremely difficult time, but you all have made it a little easier. I am currently writing this on a plane to Boston with Christina and her family, where I am headed to spend some time with her brothers as well as attend services.

The past few days have been a struggle for me as I try to cope with everything that has transpired, but God has been faithful to me and bless me with more support than I ever could have dreamt of. The church that where we have been staying, St. Luke’s Episcopal, has been awesome. They have provided us what feels like an endless supply of food. Church members have opened up their homes to give us something to do besides just sit around at the church. If such a thing had to happen I am glad that it happened when I was surrounded b such amazing people.

Christina’s family has also been amazing. I have to say that I was nervous about seeing them. The last thing that her mom, Caroline, had told me was to take care of Christina. I know that I did the best that I could, but I couldn’t help but feeling that I had failed her. However, she walked in to the church fellowship hall, hugged me and just told me thank you for being there for Christina, and all my anxiety left me.

I have been fortunate enough to spend a great deal of time with Christina’s family, which I think has been beneficial for both of us. It’s great to hear stories from her family and it helps me remember Christina the way that I want to.

I had hoped that the last blog that I wrote would be the most difficult one for me. However, that was not the case. One of the things that Caroline and I talked about was writing Christina’s last blog entry.  Recalling the events of the day, were hard but the most difficult part was figuring out how to end, but then I realized that it doesn’t end. Christina continues to live in each of the lives that she has affected and that this is only the beginning.

I know that the next couple of days are going to be difficult being away from both my B&B family, and my real family but I feel like the Genco’s have taken me in as one of their own and I know that I can lean on them for support


1 comment:

  1. Jeremy;

    I am so sorry to see this happen, and can only imagine what it must feel like to you.

    I compete in Ironman triathlon's and know how dangerous riding can be. Do not take any blame for what happened. Remember the good times you had with her and pray for the family. I will be praying for you.

    God Bless
    Rick Hamilton/Rotary Gainesville

    ReplyDelete