Thursday, June 2, 2011

Onto Athens

I woke up this morning pretty stiff, and just never really felt like I was having a good day on my bike. I am pretty sure that I over did it at the lake yesterday. The last five or so miles of the route didn't help things much either as we were going through the uber hilly downtown of Athens. The good news though is that the day was only 45-miles and I still made it into the host by 1:30. So I actually had a little bit of free time, which was a pleasant change.

Dinner tonight was provided by our host Holy Cross Lutheran Church and it was by far the best meal we have had so far on the trip. It was a church potluck with all kinds of dishes. So nice to actually have some variety, as our fare is typically a meat, chips and maybe a salad.

After dinner, we went and saw Hangover Part 2. Honestly in my opinion don't waste your money or time. It was no where near as good as the first, but then again...are they ever??

All in all a pretty relaxing day and a nice change of pace. Tomorrow build day in Athens.

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment