Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Since Roosevelt

Since I last updated in Roosevelt about my trip, I biked into Duchesne, Utah, where we camped out at Starvation Lake. It was the first time that we had camped on our trip and overall it was a positive experience, not without kinks but nothing that kept us down. I think the best part of the entire night was the sunset. It was seriously the most beautiful sunset I think I have seen in my entire life. When I look at my photos I still have a hard time believing that they aren't photoshopped.

We got up after camping and biked in Provo, Utah. I was driving the van and I was a little bit disappointed because it would have been a wonderful ride. I did however, get to have a great van ride with Taylor, Sarah Spezia and Kristen. We stopped to do lunch at the stop of a climb by a picturesque lake surrounded by mountains.  When we stopped it was still a bit chilly and so we decided to cook some pasta with our camp stove so that the riders could have a warm meal, especially since it was a ninety-eight mile ride. The pasta was a huge hit along with the lunch spot.

Our stop in Provo also included a build day so we worked with Habitat For Humanity Utah County and did some more framing. This time it was mainly rimboard and joists for the second story. At about 2:30, I was getting bored so I decided that it would be a good idea to have an accident at the build site. Actually, I didn't decide that it just happened when a beam slipped out of my right hand and landed on top of my left middle finger, taking the first few layers of skin off of my finger. It was painful, or should I say that it is painful. Needless to say I am taking a couple of days off the bike to try and let my finger get a headstart on healing before I expose to riding again.


The team cycled to Salt Lake City today. We actually got to meet with the mayor and several city officials about how they were handling the affordable housing problem which was really awesome. 

21 more days until we get to Santa Cruz and I get to see my parents. I am having a hard time believing that the end is this close. 

-Jeremy


No comments:

Post a Comment